Please visit your MP at their constituency surgery and ask them to join the APPG on surrogacy and support the campaign for legal reform.
Nothing is as powerful as explaining in person why this issue is important to you. Both Andrew Percy, our APPG Chair, and Sir Vince Cable, member of the APPG and leader of the Liberal Democrats in the House of Lords, became involved after being approached by their constituents.
So, how do you do this?
- Click here to find out who your MP is and how to contact them
- Write to your MP and ask for an appointment at one of their constituency surgeries. Most MPs do drop in events and often give details on their Facebook pages. For a template email to help you write to your MP click here
- You can share the Briefing Document with them and take it with you when you go
- Make it personal – tell them about your experience and why it matters to you
- Have a list of requests – can your MP:
- join the APPG;
- raise the issue of surrogacy and law reform with the minister, Jackie Doyle-Price;
- raise the issue with their party and drum up support from other MPs;
- write to the Law Commission supporting the proposals laid out by the SUK working group?
- Tag us on @APPGsurrogacy and @SurrogacyUKORG and tell us if you write to your MP. Send us photos too! Let’s get some #peoplepower going! Here’s a photo of some SUK mums and their gorgeous surrobubs meeting Sir Vince Cable, now a member of the APPG on surrogacy.
What is the SUK Ethics Committee?
It’s a group of people with medical, legal, welfare and other relevant expertise that will ... >>