Welcome! You’ll find a lot of information on this website, so please take your time to browse through. If you’d like to download a printable version of the information on the website, please visit our Downloads page.
You may be coming to surrogacy after experiencing the pain of infertility; or you may be a gay couple, for whom the law has only recently provided a route to allow you to achieve your dream of becoming a family. Whatever your reasons for approaching Surrogacy UK, we hope that we can be a part of your new journey.
We know from experience our stories that a surrogacy journey can be a wonderful, life changing experience for all involved. But to stand the best chance of success this journey requires a good understanding of the emotional, legal and financial implications, and is best done with the peer support of people who know what to expect. This is why Surrogacy UK exists. Run by its members, for its members, we can offer you:
- A safe place to meet your Surrogate: Via the boards, your profile that Surrogates will have access to, and our events, you will be able to share your personality in a safe environment – and hopefully find a Surrogate who really clicks with you. Click here to find out how Surrogacy UK works.
- Advice and support from first-hand experience: Over the years Surrogacy UK has built up a vast amount of knowledge about surrogacy, and a sophisticated peer support structure: you can feel confident that in coming to Surrogacy UK you are in good hands. As a Surrogacy UK member you will receive the support and understanding of your fellow members, and will benefit from their wide experience through:
- Access to Intended Parents only parts of the boards where you can ask for advice, share frustrations and worries –or just have a laugh!
- Peer Support Workers: Members are assigned a peer support worker who understands the ups and downs of a surrogacy journey, and will be able to help you through it.
- Information Sharing: We take every opportunity to host workshops and information sharing sessions on topics of interest during the Spring and Autumn Conferences. Workshops throughout the day offer support and advice for everyone alongside dedicated support sessions for IPs
- A process built up from experience: We ensure that all our members – IPs and Surrogates – have a full understanding of what surrogacy involves and the legal background to surrogacy. All our members have to undertake checks, criminal and medical, to join the organisation. We also require all potential Members to attend a Surrogacy UK membership advisory session. Further information can be found in our welcome guide on the downloads page and on the message boards.
What is the SUK Ethics Committee?
It’s a group of people with medical, legal, welfare and other relevant expertise that will ... >>